This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
In this article, we will talk about the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires. We provide here the top pick of the best product in 2021 as well as the buying guides so that you can have enough knowledge to select the right one.
When looking for a tool, you always want to find one that has a wide range of applications. However, one device can’t meet all the requirements since it has weaknesses and strengths that make it good in some tasks but just okay in the other functions. And what you should do is find out the best product for your DEMAND tasks, not for EVERY job because we can confirm that you can’t find the one.
- Top 5 Best Torque Wrench On A Budget In 2021 Reviews
- Top 5 Best Portable Air Compressor For Impact Wrench (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Impact Wrenches For Changing Tires (2021 Reviews)
Check out now the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires and find your one!
- Top 9 Best Cordless Impact Wrench For Changing Tires 2021
- 1. Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Fuel High Torque 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- 2. VonHaus 20V MAX Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench Set
- 3. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Impact Wrench
- 4. Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX Drive Air Impact Wrench
- 5. AIRCAT 1150 “Killer Torque” 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- 6. Makita XWT11Z 18V LXT Impact Wrench
- 7. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Impact Wrench Kit
- 8. PORTER-CABLE PCC740LA 1/2″ Cordless Impact Wrench
- 9. NoCry 20V Cordless Impact Wrench Kit
- Things to Consider Buying A Cordless Impact Wrench for Changing Tires?
- Q: Does Vonhaus come with a “slow charger” and 3AH battery right away? The fast charger is free, right?
- Q: Can you use the battery 20v max lithium-ion 1.5ah with DEWALT DCF889B?
- Q: The Aircat 1150 – – what is its rated air consumption in CFM?
- Q: How do you use the Nocry wrench to remove a stuck lug nut?
- Final words
- Latest Cordless Impact Wrench ON SALE!
Top 9 Best Cordless Impact Wrench For Changing Tires 2021
1. Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Fuel High Torque 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- Provides maximum productivity by...
- Most compact cordless High Torque...
- Industry leading 4-mode drive...
Some people were born for a specific mission, some tools were taken in a particular task, and Milwaukee M18 was born to help you remove tires. We have to say that it is the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires ever.
First of all, Milwaukee has drive control with bolt removal that can provide users the most control over their fasteners. Moreover, this is one of the most reliable electric impact wrenches that can provide 1000 foot-pounds of fastening force and 1400 foot-pounds of removal force.
And that is why we recommend that you should select it as the best cordless ½ impact wrench in your vehicle for emergency cases.
- High-quality material
- Strong removal torque
- Useful features for removing tires
- LED light for working in the dark area
- Not good heat dissipation
- High price
We think that this product is the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires and for remote tie changes.
2. VonHaus 20V MAX Cordless 1/2″ Impact Wrench Set
- POWERFUL - Make light work of...
- PREMIUM HIGH SPEC MOTOR - 20V MAX...
- CORDLESS FLEXIBILITY - Portable use...
If you are looking for the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires at a meager price, we want to introduce to you the Vonhaus. First of all, its price is only 1/3 of the price of Milwaukee. And this price makes it become the most reasonable cordless ½ impact wrench on our list.
Besides the price, the reason why this Vonhaus can come to our list of the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires is its variable speed trigger. It has a forward and reverses button that easy to read and control.
About power, this wrench is an ideal electric impact wrench to make removing or tightening nuts so simple. It has the nut-busting torque of 300 foot-pounds and the tightening torque of 260 food- pounds.
- Premium high spec motor
- Variable speed trigger
- Reasonable price
- Lightweight and compact
- Well- made and durable
- Small torque
Best cordless impact wrench for lug nuts and simple tasks.
3. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Impact Wrench
- 400-Feet Pound of maximum torque to...
- Ergonomic handle provides user...
- Variable speed trigger with...
The next product in our list of the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires is Dewalt DCF880B 20V max. And this electric wrench has so many useful features for changing tires, such as LED light.
Besides, this cordless impact wrench also has a magnesium gear case, which can, in our experience, provide a similar level of strength with the steel gear cases, although it is lighter. That is why we believe this wench is exactly the cordless impact wrench for lug nuts.
However, there is one problem with its torque. The producer advertises that it has 400 foot-pounds torque. But in reality, many customers reported that their wrench struggle with a nut tightened to 300-350 foot-pounds.
- Low price
- Magnesium gear case
- LED light for working in the dark
- Durable and long battery –life
- Small torque than advertise
A good cordless impact wrench for most essential task. But due to heavyweight and low torque, it can be the best product in our list.
4. Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX Drive Air Impact Wrench
- PRO PERFORMANCE: This Air Impact...
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Impact wrench...
- DURABLE RELIABILITY: Titanium...
In our list of the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires are all cordless ½ impact wrenches. And Ingersoll rand 2235Timax is one of them. At first, we have to say that this product can’t be cheap because it can provide very high torque.
However, although it has a strong motor, it is very lightweight and compact size. On comes with an ergonomic handle, you will feel very comfortable when operating this wrench, especially when you need to remove the tire.
This product also comes with a titanium hammer case and durable materials. It can withstand rigorous and harsh usage. If you still considering, Ingersoll offers you a two-year warranty if you have any problem with this wrench.
- Exceptional high torque
- Lightweight and compact size
- Easy to control forward/reverse button
- Nice case and active materials
- Two-year warranty
- Reliable brand
- It is very noisy
Best electric impact wrench for every user.
5. AIRCAT 1150 “Killer Torque” 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- sheer power and performance of...
- 1,400 Blows Per Minute makes this...
- 15-Percent larger rotor creates...
The next product in our list of the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires is the Aircat 1150 “killer torque.” And here is the reason why this cordless ½ impact wrench appears on our list.
And one more thing, it has a button control that allows you to flip the lever forward and reverse quickly. Only when you have to change tires that you can understand how important it is to control the speed and modes fully.
Last but not least, this electric wrench is very quiet. Aircat featured this wrench with a tuned exhaust system that creates a shallow level of noise. It is only 86DB. And if you have any problem with this product, Aircat offers you a two-year parts and labor warranty.
- Low noise level
- Easy to control and operate
- Lightweight and comfortable in the hand
- Very high torque
- There are some hiccups with the use
Best cordless ½ impact wrench for removing and changing bolts, except for its hiccups when running.
6. Makita XWT11Z 18V LXT Impact Wrench
- BL Brushless motor delivers 210...
- Compact and ergonomic design at...
- 3 Speed power selection switch (0...
The next product in our list of the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires is Makita XWT11Z LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless cordless three-speed ½inch square. And this one is a very excellent model that tons of people choose to change tires.
The brushless motor of the Makita works more efficiently than the older one, and it also lasts longer since it can not get hot when at work. Besides, this version of Makita wrench is very compact, with a weight of only four pounds and a size of 6 inches wide.
Makira also has three different speeds and the reverse auto-stop mode. It can stop the impact wrench once you lose the bolt and prevent you from spinning it off too quickly. After that, you can restart the wrench using a lower speed and remove the bolt safely.
- Most up-to-date brushless motor
- Compact in size and lightweight
- LED light
- Three different speed and reverse auto-stop mode
- Not very powerful torque
Best impact wrench for lug nuts; even it is not very strong compared with Milwaukee, it is enough for you to remove the tires.
7. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Impact Wrench Kit
- 1/2 inch cordless impact wrench has...
- DEWALT 1/2 inch impact wrench has a...
- Multi-speed control of the...
Dewalt is the only brand in our list of the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires that have two products. And this version is more expensive than the other version that we reviewed above. However, we confirm that it is worth investing.
About the torque, it has a maximum torque of 700 feet- pounds and a breakaway torque of 1200 feet/pounds. In our experience, it is not as reliable as some other products, but it is enough for you to fix a problem with your tires and some heavy-duty tasks.
Besides, this product also has a three-speed selector so you can easily control and use it up. The battery fuel gauge also makes it become one of the best cordless ½ impact wrenches on our list. And the LED work like will help you on the dark road.
- Brushless motor
- High torque
- Three different speed
- Battery fuel gauge
- Need the practice to control fully
Best cordless impact wrench for professional users or people who already know how to use a wrench before.
8. PORTER-CABLE PCC740LA 1/2″ Cordless Impact Wrench
- Powerful motor produces 260 feet...
- Maximum of 1,650 rpm's for driving...
- 1/2 Inch hog ring for quick and...
If you are looking for the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires on a small budget, here you are the Porter cable. Its price is not very low compare with Vonhaus, but it is much cheaper than Dewalt or Makira, and it has almost similar features.
Besides, it has a ½ inch hog ring for more convenient socket changes. It can also produce 260 feet pounds of torque, which is the only reason why it is not the best product on our list.
For users, you can efficiently operate and control the wrench, even if you do not have any experience with a wrench before. It is not very lightweight, but a bit compact and handy. It also has over-mold grips that make your hands feel better when at work.
- Reasonable price
- Full variable speed trigger
- LED light include
- Compact in size
- Low torque
Best cordless ½ impact wrench for bringing along in your car.
9. NoCry 20V Cordless Impact Wrench Kit
- This cordless impact wrench will...
- Work quicker, longer and with fewer...
- The 2700 max IPM rate creates heavy...
The last product in our list of the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires is the Nocry 20V Cordless impact wrench kit. It is the best cordless impact wrench for lug nuts because it can loosen and tighten the nuts effortlessly.
And it is because NoCry can produce 300 feet- pound torque to loosen the nuts and 260 feet pounds to tighten them. It is not very strong compared with our leading products like MulKauwee or Ingersoll, but it is pretty good for the price.
The ½ inch detent anvil will help you much in removing the tire from cars, motorcycles, trucks, and other commercial vehicles. You can use this product for automotive repairs, construction projects, product assembly, and other heavy-equipment maintenance.
- Okay torque level for the price
- Reasonable price
- Wide range applications
- Full accessories
- Four-year limited warranty
- Forwards/ reverse selector problem
Best cordless impact wrench for your household tasks, construction problem, and changing tires for your car.
Things to Consider Buying A Cordless Impact Wrench for Changing Tires?
We hope that the reviews above will be helpful so that you can find the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires. But in case you still can’t make the decision, please check the buying guides below.
- Top 3 Best Torque Wrench For Gunsmithing In 2021
- Top 9 Best Digital Torque Wrench For Cars & Dirt Bikes (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Pipe Wrenches For Plumbing | Wrench For PVC Pipes (2021 Reviews)
Suitable Impact Wrench for You Needs
Before looking for the best cordless impact wrench for changing ties, you have to understand what is your requirements. For example, what type of jobs you always do? What are your purposes? How intensive will you use this wrench?
If you always work with massive – tasks in high intensive, you should consider the strong one with high torque, strong motor, and reliable design with high-quality material. However, if you only want to find something for your DIY, you can save dollars by invest in a suitable product.
If you even can’t find out what you need, you can go to some tool shops and ask the seller for advice. Don’t hesitate to ask a question because your hesitation will cost you more than you expect.
When you are looking for the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires, you should pay attention first to the torque. You will need more torque to remove a bolt than to tighten the bolt. That is why you see many products on our list have different maximum torque.
Most of the torque in the cordless impact wrench will be between 75 and 160 pounds, and it is okay to change the tires, although It also depends on the size of the wheel. However, you should prefer the cordless impact wrench that has torque from 250 feet/ pounds.
The battery is also a significant factor that you should pay attention to when looking for the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires. Because you don’t have the whole day at the garage, and the ambition of a cordless impact wrench is to bring along with you on every road, you will need to find the one with a long-life and robust battery. And don’t forget that it should be a fast charger, too.
And here are some types of popular battery on the market that you can consider:
This type of cell is less popular in the industry. However, you can still see some in your tool. The biggest problem with this battery is the high self-discharge rate. Besides, it lost its power over time.
Although it is more expensive, it can replace most Niken cadmium in tools. They have the same power as Niken, but lighter in weight. Besides, they also have self-discharge about 5% within the first 24 hours and up to 3% each month. So you will not need to worry about recharging time.
Other useful features for changing tires
LED light is a must-have feature. It is very energy–efficient, and it is essential when you have to work in a dark environment. If you have to change the tire at night, you will understand what we are saying.
Besides, you should also consider the wrench with modes designed to make removing lug nuts easier. For example, you should select the one with automatically torque-reducing or the wrench with variable speed and easy to control.
Weight and handling
So, how long are you going to use your impact wrench? Do you need to bring it along, or do you only need to put it in your garage? If you want to find out the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires, you have to answer these two questions.
And base on requirements, you can choose a lightweight or a robust but heavyweight wrench. And also, you know should you invest in a sturdy case or not because the weight and the mobility of this tool are very different.
Most DIY prefer the medium-weight to lightweight wrench because they can’t handle the heavy one. However, professionals who use this tool to earn a living, need the strongest and the most durable tool, so they will pay more for the case and be willing to use a heavyweight product.
Most of the cordless impact wrenches on the market have a drive size of 1/4inch, 3/8 inch, ½ inch, and 1 inch, but do you know what is the best one for you? The drive size will illustrate the torque you will receive. And the bigger your drive size is, the higher your torque will be. For most tires, you should select the ½ inch among all these sizes.
- Top 5 Best Allen Wrench Set In 2021
- Top 9 Best Air Impact Wrench For Daily Task (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Adjustable Wrenches In 2021 You Should Consider
Q: Does Vonhaus come with a “slow charger” and 3AH battery right away? The fast charger is free, right?
A: It came with one charger, and it charges pretty quickly.
Q: Can you use the battery 20v max lithium-ion 1.5ah with DEWALT DCF889B?
A: Yes, 20V is all that matters. You can use any 20V Dewalt battery with any 20V Dewalt tool. Still, the amp rating directly determines how long the battery will last. So using a 1.5AH battery will only drive half as many screws/bolts compared to a 3AH battery before the battery is dead, but it will still work.
Q: The Aircat 1150 – – what is its rated air consumption in CFM?
A: The average air consumption is 4.3 CFM. At a full load, it is rated at 8 CFM.
Q: How do you use the Nocry wrench to remove a stuck lug nut?
A: Use your impact wrench on each stuck lug nut in 10-15 second bursts. Leave for a short time and repeat until they begin to come loose.
So, if you don’t worry much about the money, we recommend you should consider Milwaukee, Ingersoll or Dewalt. If your budget is limited, you can consider selecting Nocry, Aircat. If you are looking for a powerful cordless impact wrench, you should pay more money to invest in Milwaukee. And last but not least, if you want to find the quietest cordless ½ impact wrench, you should choose Aircat.
So, this is all of our reviews of the best cordless impact wrench for changing tires in 2021. We hope that this article will help you to select the best one for your own.
Latest Cordless Impact Wrench ON SALE!
- Compact and Powerful: With powerful...
- Infinitely variable speeds:...
- Fast Charger&Power Indicator:...
- Powerful - Equipped with a high...
- Variable Speed & Bright LED Light -...
- Versatile Applications - Not only...
- Includes: (1) P261 3-Speed 1/2 in....
- Produces a powerful 300 ft./lbs. of...
- Impact mechanism produces 300...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-06-18 via Amazon Product Advertising API.