This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
Do you know what the worst nightmare at a home mechanic is? It is the dreaded jammed bolt! You will find you are in tears, your tools break, and your palm shredded. And that is why they invent the best air impact wrench. And we are here to help you find the best air impact wrench in the market.
In case you do not understand, an air impact wrench is one of the essential tools in every mechanic’s tool tote. And because you use this machine every day, you will need to find the best air impact wrench so that you will not be overwhelmed on the road.
Unfortunately, it is not easy to find out what is the best air impact wrench. Should you choose the pneumatic impact wrench? What size is the most suitable? Should you choose ½ air impact wrench or 2/8 impact wrench?
- Top 5 Best Dial, Beam & Click Inch Pound Torque Wrench (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Torque Wrench For Bike Maintenance (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Strap Wrenches For Faucets, PVC Pipes & Shower Head
Check out our most up-to-date air impact wrench reviews in 2021 to find the answer!
- Top 9 Best Air Impact Wrenches 2021
- 1. Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX Drive Air Impact Wrench, 1/2 Inch
- 2. DEWALT DWMT70773L 1/2-Inch Square Drive Impact Wrench
- 3. AIRCAT 1055-TH Compact 1/2″ Impact
- 4. NitroCat 1200-K 1/2-Inch Kevlar Composite Air Impact Wrench
- 5. Campbell Hausfeld 1/2″ Impact Wrench
- 6. AIRCAT 1150 “Killer Torque” 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- 7. Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Fuel High Torque 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- 8. Astro Pneumatic Tool 1828 ONYX 3/8″ Nano Impact Wrench
- 9. Neiko 10878A 20 V Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Wrench
- Best Air Impact Wrench – 2021 Buying Guide
- Final verdict
- Bonus: How an Impact Wrench Works
- Latest Air Impact Wrench BestSelling ON SALE!
Top 9 Best Air Impact Wrenches 2021
1. Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX Drive Air Impact Wrench, 1/2 Inch
- PRO PERFORMANCE: This Air Impact...
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Impact wrench...
- DURABLE RELIABILITY: Titanium...
The very first product in our list of the best air impact wrench is Ingersoll Rand 2135. And it is a ½ air impact wrench. What we like most about this product is the titanium hammer case with the steel- wear plate. These materials will warranty years of durability.
Besides, this wrench is user-friendly, too. Everything you need to do is taking the gun out of the box, screwed in air fitting, gave it the coworkers oil, and proceeded to run. It can handle the high-intensity working and save you hours of hard work with its torque of 1350 feet- pound.
It is very lightweight. It is effortless to handle and operate. And for its price, we have to say that it is the best option for every user. The ergonomics could be a little better on the handle, but it doesn’t lose any points of performance.
- Lightweight and compact size
- High-quality material for more extended durability
- High torque and speed
- It is noisy
The best air impact wrench for every user, no matter if you are professional workers or you are a 60-year-old who only wants to fix the house.
2. DEWALT DWMT70773L 1/2-Inch Square Drive Impact Wrench
- DEWALT impact wrench featuring...
- 7500 RPM (Free Speed @90PSI) helps...
- One Hand Operation-Forward/Reverse...
There is no doubt that Dewalt DWMT70773L is one of the best air impact wrenches in 2021. This impact wrench can produce lots of torque with minimal airflow. And we did feel very good with the ergonomics of this product, too.
Although the forward and reverse button can be accidental to nudge with your hand when you work for a while, we still think that it is easy to use, and it is not a problem. And what you should do is giving this machine some drops of fuel, and you will see it cranked all the bolts with the lowest power.
And the black color that you see on the surface of this ½ air impact wrench is material like rubber. In our experience, it is good because it gives you cushioning when at work, and as a result, it can reduce shocked – as the advertising said.
- Maximum Torque 650 ft-lb
- Adjustable power regulator
- Shock-resistant ability
- Three-year warranty
- The black surface can pick up dirt pretty easily
The best air impact wrench for every worker, especially the beginner who has just started with industrial construction and machines.
3. AIRCAT 1055-TH Compact 1/2″ Impact
AIRCAT wrench is only 2.75 Ibs in weight. And the noise that it generates during working is the only 89dba. And the explanation is the 500 ft-lbs of torque – less than the two products above. So this one is the best air impact wrench for working around your house.
Aircat can provide power to pull the stuck bolts in a few seconds, without any difficulty. And because it is lightweight and quiet, you can use it any time without annoying your neighbor.
With the reasonable price and compact size, Aircat is now a top-rated product for working in a small area and bringing along. We did use this product to remove lug nuts from trucks, and it turns out pretty well.
- Lightweight and compact size
- Extremely quiet
- Two-year warranty
- Reasonable price
- Small torque
Best air impact wrench for light to medium-duty tasks.
4. NitroCat 1200-K 1/2-Inch Kevlar Composite Air Impact Wrench
Do you know why NitroCat becomes one of the best air impact wrenches in 2021? It is mainly because of its amazing features like 1295 flubs of loosening torque or Kevlar housing. Besides, what we like most about this product is the excellently comfortable grip.
And NitroCat is by now one of the quietest wrenches. And the Kevlar composite body also makes it lightweight but still very durable. You can use this wrench for everything in your house, for example removing hubs and bearings, framework, brakes, and suspension work.
The construction of this ½ air impact wrench is very user-friendly. It is only 4.5 pounds in weight and can only generate 86dB of noise. And the twin-clutch mechanism makes it very powerful.
- Twin clutch mechanism
- Quiet and lightweight
- User-friendly design
- Supper comfortable grips
- High price
Except for the high cost, this product is also a very excellent choice for any worker.
5. Campbell Hausfeld 1/2″ Impact Wrench
- Pair this impact wrench with the...
- 3-Speed power regulator makes it...
- The sturdy composite design creates...
Campbell is another product that has a price of less than $100 on our list. And it is the best air impact wrench for the price. And even it is not expensive; you can still trust this company because they offer you a year warranty.
Besides, this ½ air impact wrench is only 8 ounces in weight. When combining with the smooth twin- hammer and the ergonomic soft-grip, it can reduce vibration and hand fatigue. As a result, you can enhance your work performance without hurting your bare hands.
Also, this product offers you a three-speed power regulator that allows you to select the three-level speed, from light to medium and high speed. With only three options, it can’t meet the requirements of the professional workers but it is good enough for a beginner.
- Low price
- Lightweight and compact design
- Ergonomic soft grip to reduce vibration and hand-fatigue
- Only three-speed power
This product may not be the best air impact wrench for professional, but it is the best for daily tasks around your house and in your garage.
6. AIRCAT 1150 “Killer Torque” 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- Power and Performance: 900 ft-lbs...
- 1,400 Blows Per Minute: The...
- Patented Tuned Exhaust System: Low...
The next product in our list of the best air impact wrench is Aircat 1150. And our very first impression of this product is precision, power, control, and durability. What do you expect more? Of course, silence! And we have to say that it is quiet, comfortable and also lightweight.
However, if you want your wrench to have the best performance, you have to pay attention to it by giving it oil and repair. Read the instruction carefully and follow. The maximum torque of this product is 900 ft-lbs – which is very high for a small machine and in the price.
The speed of torque is 1400 blows per minute. It makes this product become one of the most durable products. Besides, the 15% larger rotor also creates awesome power to run the wrench. And with the 86 decibel of noise, it is worth investing in this product. For more information, Aircat offers you a two-year parts and labor warranty.
- High torque and speed for more power
- The hard-hitting twin hammer mechanism
- Not very noisy
Hard to understand instruction
The most robust ½ air impact wrench for the price.
7. Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 Fuel High Torque 1/2-Inch Impact Wrench
- Provides maximum productivity by...
- Most compact cordless High Torque...
- Industry leading 4-mode drive...
Do you have some problems with the stuck bolts? Here you are the Milwaukee 2767-20 – one of the best air impacts wrenches in 2021. And do you know why? This product can maximize your work performance by removing high and stubborn torque up to 2 times than usual.
Besides, what makes this product becomes so popular is its useful features. For example, it has a redlink plus to prevents your batteries, your complete tools from overheating, or overloading. The Redlithium cells can deliver more work per charge and reduce the charging time.
The rubber over-mold is a plus, too. First, it can stick on your hands while metal material always slips when your hands are a sweep. Second, it can help to reduce vibrations and shocks so that your whole arm will be safe.
- 1,000 ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1400 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque
- Adjustable speed
- Many useful features for customers
- Long lifespan batteries
- It is not very durable
If you just want to find something helpful for hour household tasks, this is the one for you.
8. Astro Pneumatic Tool 1828 ONYX 3/8″ Nano Impact Wrench
- Ideal for use in restricted spaces...
- 3/8" model allows for the shortest...
- 3 forward and 3 reverse settings
If you are looking for a handy but sturdy wrench, Astro will be the best air impact wrench for you. It is compact in design and is decent in torque. You can use it for removing lug nuts and put everything to work. This product can eliminate 100-foot pound torqued lug nuts with little difficulty.
And what this tool can help you with is the 360-degree swivel fitting. It really can reduce pressure and fatigue on your hands when working. And of course, with the size less than an adult hand, mobility is the strongest point of this product.
And it is the only product in our list that is not a ½ inch. Instead, it is a 3/8 air impact wrench. So, this product is ideal for use in restricted spaces like engine, transmission, and suspension work.
- Compact size and lightweight
- Six different adjustment setting
- It is strong enough for light to medium tasks
- Can’t deal with big bolts
9. Neiko 10878A 20 V Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Wrench
- BATTERY-POWERED IMPACT WRENCH: This...
- COMPACT & CORDLESS: The small size...
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE IMPACT GUN: Our...
If you are looking for an excellent wrench to deal with robust sockets, bolts, and nuts, Neiko is the best option for you. It has a heavy-duty power that can produce 300ft/ib. The torque of this wrench is extreme, too. With a no-load speed from 0 to 3000 RPM, it can deliver high performance to the most hardened bolts.
Besides, Neiko also designed this product to be user-friendly. Once you give it some oil and run, it can offer you total control of the torque, speed, and impact thanks to its speed trigger and forward/reverse switch. One more thing, you will not need to worry about the cords because it uses the battery. There is also an energy indicator to inform you of how much battery left.
So, is this enough for you to make the decision?
- Strong torque
- Easy to set up and run
- Ergonomic gun body
- No cord
- Useful features
- High price
Best for both professional and beginner users.
Best Air Impact Wrench – 2021 Buying Guide
If you read all the air impact wrench reviews, you may find what factor you should consider when looking for the best air impact wrench. And here is the detailed buying guide so that you can select the most suitable one by yourself.
- Top 7 Best Wrench Organizers For Tool Box Drawers (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Socket Wrench Set For Cars In 2021 Reviews
- Top 9 Best Oil Filter Wrench For Semi Truck, Harley Davidson, Toyota & Honda
If you work with the machine before, you will know the fact that torque is an essential feature of a device. The more torque you have, the easier your jobs will get, and the faster it will be. And you can’t go wrong when you come with the rusted bolt or stuck bolts.
And unfortunately, the number of torque is not always available in the product’s description, so you will have to ask the seller for more information. And what you should know is how much torque you need to get your job done.
If your bolt is rusted and stuck, the best air impact wrench for you is the one with more than 1000 foot-pounds of torque. For the daily general tasks, 500 foot-pounds of torque are the suitable one for you. However, you should pay more attention to check the origin and other features. Don’t waste your money on a cheap product.
Apart from torque, the other essential factors to consider when selecting the best air impact wrench is the drive size. The wrench drive size range from ¼ inch to 1 inch. And here are some tips for you:
- 1/2 air impact wrench and 3/8 air impact wrench are suitable for lighter work with low torque.
- One inch impact wrench is more suitable for heavy-duty tasks like truck repair or industrial construction.
So, if you are not a professional user, ½ air impact wrench is the best air impact wrench for you. Because it is the most popular one, so you can easily find accessories. Besides, it has a balance in strength, flexibility, size, and also price, too. It can meet most of your daily tasks, including fixing the car, fixing things around your house and in your garage.
The speed of the wrench will determine how fast you can screw on and remove the bolts. Besides, it can also affect how can your wench loosen stuck bolts. That is why you always have to put the speed in your consideration factors.
A higher speed wrench is better than a lower speed one, especially in removing the stuck bolts because the hammer can strike the anvil more frequently. And the more top speed wrench is often more expensive than the low one. However, it is worth investing in the best air impact wrench.
As you may know, your air impact wrench will change the amount of torque in two different ways:
The lower-end wrench often uses the adjustable dial to adjust the torque. And most of the machines in this type only have three options: low, high, and medium.
Up-to-date wrench often uses a specific system to increase or reduce the torque. And if you have a steady hand, it can bring you excellent control.
The level of the noise
Different wrenches can provide the product of varying levels of noise. And unfortunately, the air impact wrench is a very noisy tool. So you should select the one with an as little level of noise as possible to protect your ears.
In our list of the best air impact wrench in 2021, AirCat and NitroCat work pretty well in reducing the noise when you were working. You should ask the seller for advanced consultation.
You can’t find out what is the best air impact wrench for you if you don’t clearly understand what you will use it. So here is the right process:
- First, you need to know your tasks and what is its requirements
- Secondly, you need to check the budget
- Thirdly you can look for the best air impact wrench with the best features in your budget.
Q: Where is Ingersoll made?
A: They are MADE in the USA. Their plant is in New York City.
Q: Which is recommended more with Dewalt, 1/2″ pneumatic or 1/2″ LiIon 20V?
A: It depends on what are you doing? But for vehicles, pneumatic is a perfect choice! For real battery power loses its ft-lbs every time you push the trigger. So let’s say you are rotating tires.
Q: Could use Aircat with a 13 Gal compressor to disassemble the wheels of the car?
A: The tool should do the job, however, with a 13 Gal compressor. And you will have to stop periodically to let the compressor catch up. Also, this tool is not for changing tires every day.
Q: Is the air impact wrench is waterproof?
A: This impact wrench is not waterproof. It can be excellent if a little water splashes on it here or there but if submerged underwater.
- Top 5 Best Lug Wrench For Tires (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best AR 15 Armorer’s Wrench In 2021 Reviews
- Top 5 Best Allen Wrench Set In 2021
Do you agree that it is not easy to find the best air impact wrench? Even after reading the best nine products above, we believe that you still confuse. However, as we mentioned in the buying guides, it is essential to clearly understand what will you do and what is your requirements. Once you know your task, you will know what tool you need.
So you will understand what features do you need? And you can answer if you should select the ½ air impact wrench or 1-inch impact wrench. When combining the top-pick reviews with the detailed buying guides, it will help a lot!
We hope that our air impact wrench reviews with detailed buying guides can help you to find out what is the best air impact wrench for you and your tasks. And if you have any questions or comments, please let us know by leaving a comment. And if you want us to review any other products, please feel free to share them with us!
Bonus: How an Impact Wrench Works
Latest Air Impact Wrench BestSelling ON SALE!
- Tips: Bent Angle Design For Easier...
- High Carbon Steel For Strength And...
- Fits Filters From 2-3/8 To 4-1/2...
- The One Tool Can Replace The Whole...
- Practical Gifts for Men Who Have...
- Clever and Useful Tools Ever:...
- MOST COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT,...
- FOR ALL YOUR CAULKING AND FILLING...
- IDEAL FOR TIGHT SPACES AND AWKWARD...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2022-09-12 via Amazon Product Advertising API.