This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
For anyone in the gunsmithing field, a torque wrench is an indispensable tool in their toolbox. The best gunsmith torque wrench is a handheld electric tool used especially to mount a scope onto a firearm, or rifles particularly. With the best torque wrench for gunsmithing, the torque and twisting force is surely consistent and accurate. Thus, it helps securely attach the riflescope to the gun without causing it any damage.
- Top 5 Best Torque Wrench On A Budget In 2021 Reviews
- Top 5 Best Portable Air Compressor For Impact Wrench (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best Impact Wrenches For Changing Tires (2021 Reviews)
If you happen to look for a gunsmith torque wrench, we have here a list of top 3 tools you definitely should not miss out.
- Top 3 Best Torque Wrench For Gunsmithing 2021
- How To Choose The Best Gunsmith Torque Wrench – Rifle Torque Wrench
- How To Use A Gunsmith Torque Wrench Right?
- Final Words – Weaver Torque Wrench For Gunsmith?
Top 3 Best Torque Wrench For Gunsmithing 2021
1. WEAVER Gunsmithing Torque Wrench
- Hunting gun smiting equipment
- Helps mount scopes and bases with...
- Includes a variety of bits for...
The Weaver gunsmithing torque wrench features a premium quality material and rugged construction. Both of these two factors together ensure the long-lasting functional life of the tool.
This model can deliver from 15 in-lbs. up to 80 in-lbs of max torque. It is perfect for any kind of gunsmithing, especially hunting gun jobs.
Moreover, the tool comes with a wide range of magnetic-tipped bits, a total of 10 bits in different sizes. It allows users to handle a variety of popular riflescope mounts, bases or rings.
The whole kit is stored in a robust storage case to make sure all of your tools are securely kept and well preserved.
- Sturdy storage
- Different bits included
- Durable and powerful
- Sometimes the tool is set at a specific torque and hard to decrease the value.
This is recommended as one best torque wrench for gunsmithing for its high-quality material and sturdy construction.
2. Wheeler 710909 Digital Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench
- EASE OF USE: With an audible...
- SPECS: 10 bits are made from S2...
- RELIABLE: +/- 2% accuracy
The biggest reason for this Wheeler model to be considered as one best torque wrench for gunsmithing is its digital display. All torque settings will be shown on a large LCD screen for users to precisely keep track of their tool’s power.
Besides the LCD screen, this model even features an audible indicator. A tone will go off when you reach the set torque level.
The included F.A.T wrench bits, made from S2 tool steel and hardened to 56-58 Rockwell “C”, ensure a sturdy construction that can withstand any harsh applications. There are 10 bits in total, allowing users to work with different kinds of applications, from scope rings to windage screws.
- LCD screen
- Audible indicator
- Durable wrench bits
- Some users have problems with the audible indicator sound.
This is probably the best pick for anyone in the field of gunsmithing who loves accuracy.
3. Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench
- Accuracy: +/- 2 inch/pounds up to...
- Ease of use: Apply, repeatable,...
- Reliable: Torque adjustment range...
This Wheeler Firearms Accurizing Torque Wrench features an ergonomic handle design that gives users the extra comfort they love. The model comes with 10 durable bits to allow users to tackle a variety of screws.
With a wide torque level ranging from 10 to 65 in-lbs, this tool is perfect for any installation of scope rings, guard screws, etc. The tool can also be used for cross bolts or receiver bolts.
With a plus and minus 2% accuracy, this Wheeler torque wrench for gunsmithing makes sure users get the accurate torque value needed. There is also an audible click to let you know when you reach the preset torque value.
- Ergonomic handle design
- Extensive torque level range
- Durable wrench bits
- The increment is higher than others, 5 in-lbs.
With the accuracy it provides and the high-quality material, this torque wrench is highly recommended as one best torque wrench for gunsmithing.
How To Choose The Best Gunsmith Torque Wrench – Rifle Torque Wrench
If you are a gunsmith professional, or even if you just care much about gunsmithing, you know how important the role the torque wrench plays in making and maintaining the perfect gun. Every detail counts.
Getting the best torque wrench for gunsmithing can be confusing sometimes with a variety of products available in the market nowadays. Thus, to help you out, we have compiled our buyer’s guide. Here are some factors you should take into consideration while getting yourself a new gunsmith torque wrench.
- Top 9 Best Oil Filter Wrench For Semi Truck, Harley Davidson, Toyota & Honda
- Top 5 Best Lug Wrench For Tires (2021 Reviews)
- Top 5 Best AR 15 Armorer’s Wrench In 2021 Reviews
Pick a torque wrench with the most durable and long-lasting. Don’t cheap out on this factor as it decides how long the product can stay in your toolbox.
If you have the budget, opt for a torque wrench with the sturdy metal material, like steel. It surely will cost more, but you will get the most value out of it.
If your budget is not big, try to get one with the minimum plastic components as much as you can. All of us know plastics won’t last as much as metal.
In gunsmithing, precision and accuracy are the most important requirement. That’s why it is important for users to get a torque wrench that offers decent accuracy.
There are some tools come with a digital visual screen or sound to indicate the torque level. So if it’s in your budget, that will be the best choice of a gunsmith torque wrench.
3. Torque calibration range
This is a factor you can easily remember: the higher the better. Calibration range is one of the most important criteria in gunsmithing tools, so get a torque wrench with the calibration range as high as possible. But don’t forget to make sure it matches your task’s requirements as well.
4. Wrench bits included
Not all gunsmith torque wrench has bits included. However, there are many manufacturers have bits as an additional part of their package. Thus, if you can, pick the one with additional bits for versatility.
This is one important feature that usually is overlooked. You should pay attention to the handle design and material when getting a new gunsmith torque wrench, especially if you work with the tool daily. Your hands will thank you for this in the long run.
Nowadays, most of gunsmith torque wrenches are ergonomically designed for comfortable user experiences. The grip handle should be anti-slip and comfortable enough to hold during use.
There are a few options you can pick from but the most commonly used is still the rubberized handle.
Usually, the best models have certificates for their proof of qualifications. The certificates often indicate the accuracy and torque calibration ranges of the particular tool. This is a way of the manufacturer to prove that their tool is high-quality.
This is why we recommend you to get one gunsmith torque wrench with certificates. Gunsmithing needs high-quality tools, this factor will ensure you have the best models to work with.
How To Use A Gunsmith Torque Wrench Right?
While using the best torque wrench for gunsmithing, there are some tips you should note down for better usage of the tool.
- Get torque calibration checked regularly to maintain the accuracy of the tool.
- Store the gunsmith torque wrench securely in the box for better protection and preservation.
- Do NOT use it to loosen a bolt or screw. It should be used only for tightening tasks. Just opt for a regular wrench if you need to loosen a bolt or screw.
- Do NOT drop the torque wrench as it might affect the accuracy of the tool.
- Do NOT over-tightening bolts and screws as it might cause damages to these components.
- Read carefully the manufacturer’s recommended torque value for better tightening work.
- Dial the wrench’s torque value back to zero after using it. This helps relieve the pressure on the spring, to avoid wear out.
Question: Why do I need to use a gunsmith torque wrench?
Answer: There are some benefits a torque wrench can offer, especially in gunsmithing:
- It offers the highest accuracy and precision.
- It produces more consistent torque as it repeats the same torque level each time.
- It is more powerful and quieter in use than other screwdrivers.
In gunsmithing, a riflescope requires a specific torque value for tightening its screws. Applying too much force will cause the scope to be damaged over time, or you might even break a screw off. Thus, it is important to be precise and accurate when it comes to mounting a scope.
- Top 5 Best Allen Wrench Set In 2021
- Top 9 Best Air Impact Wrench For Daily Task (2021 Reviews)
- Top 9 Best Adjustable Wrenches In 2021 You Should Consider
Question: How many types of torque wrench are there?
Answer: There are 4 most common types of torque wrench available on the market nowadays:
- Beam Torque Wrench: The cheapest and simplest type. Consequently, it is also the least precise torque wrench.
- Dial Torque Wrench: This tool displays the torque value through a dial, which will require your attention for keeping track till you reach the desired value.
- Click Torque Wrench: The most common torque wrench type. A ‘click’ sound will pop out once you get to the pre-set value of torque.
- Electronic Torque Wrench: This advanced tool is a combination of dial and click type. It will indicate the torque value through a digital display and an audible tone to alert once the tool reaches the desired torque level.
Final Words – Weaver Torque Wrench For Gunsmith?
The best gunsmith torque wrench will become your best friend in working with firearms riflescopes. We hope with our list of top 3 products and the buyer’s guide, you now have a good source of information to get the best torque wrench for gunsmithing.
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-02-26 via Amazon Product Advertising API.