This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
In the list below, you will find the different blades for miter saws. Top sellers are the products that could be used against similar products that are heavily bought and rated with excellent results. This article allows you to compare different products from different aspects.
Through reviews from other buyers, we provide you with a lot of useful information and help you find your best miter saw blade. You will find a list of the common miter saw blades and useful and qualitative information about each product.
- Top 9 Best Miter Saw Blades 2021 Reviews
- #1 Best Miter Saw Blade Overall- Bosch DCB1040 Daredevil Saw Blade
- #2 Best Miter Saw Blade For Trim – Freud 10 x 24T Heavy-Duty Rip Blade
- #3 Best Miter Saw Blade For Laminate Flooring – Einhell 4311111 Miter Saw Blade
- #4 Best Miter Saw Blade For Cutting 2×4 – Makita A-93681 Miter Saw Blade
- #5 Best Miter Saw Blade For Hardwood – Freud D12100X Circular Saw Blade
- #6 Best Miter Saw Blade For Cutting Aluminum – Evolution Power Tools 10BLADEST Blade
- #7 Best Miter Saw Blade For Cutting Vinyl Plank Flooring – CRAFTSMAN CMAS210CMB Miter Saw Blade
- #8 Best Miter Saw Blade For Composite Decking – WEN BL1060 Miter Saw Blade
- #9 Best Miter Saw Blade For MDF Trim – Toolman STH010 Miter Saw Blade
- Features to Consider When Choosing The Best Miter Saw Blade
- How To Clean/ Maintain your Miter Saw Blade
- Saw Blade Types
- How to Change a Miter Saw Blade in 5 Steps
- Final Words
- Bonus: Miter Saw Tips & Tricks
- Latest Miter Saw Blade Bestsellers on Amazon
Top 9 Best Miter Saw Blades 2021 Reviews
#1 Best Miter Saw Blade Overall- Bosch DCB1040 Daredevil Saw Blade
- Brute Carbide – an upgraded C3/C4...
- ATB tooth geometry – for fast...
- SpeedCoat – an antifriction...
Bosch DCB1040 Daredevil Saw Blade has been appreciated by several users on the net, both for the outstanding quality and price ratio and during the test on wood and other materials. The presence of many 60 blade teeth allows you to work the material without burrs.
The care and cleaning process from Bosch does not disappoint lovers of tailor-made and flawless processing. Our conclusion about the Bosch DCB1040 is that it has all the credentials to be the best miter saw blade of 2021.
- C3/C4 formulation for high performance and efficiency
- ATB teeth for high precision and strength
- Thin design for fast cutting
- The blade is dull for tough materials
Recommended for finishing cuts, Bosch is a good working company even for people who have used their product intensively and continuously over time
#2 Best Miter Saw Blade For Trim – Freud 10 x 24T Heavy-Duty Rip Blade
- 10" Blade Diameter, 24 Teeth, FLAT...
- Premium TiCo HI-Density Carbide...
- Extra Large, Flat Tooth Design...
Great versatility characterizes that the Freud 10 x 24T Heavy-Duty Rip Blade is perfect for people who mount it to work without excessive effort. The blade is ideal not only on wood but also on materials such as plasterboard and ventilated concrete. The competitive price has prompted several users to give it an opportunity.
So, you can expand the catchment area and the possibility of adapting the blade to other circular saws and miter saws. The number of teeth reaches 80 with a good simplicity in regards to the assembly of the piece and the replacement of it.
- 10-inch blade with 24 teeth for extra-high performance
- Ideal for trimming on wood materials
- Extra-large design for heavy-duty works
- Be careful while using it
The wood finish remains at good levels with precise cuts on softwoods and more leathery materials. In particular, users appreciated the inclusion of three gearboxes in the package from Freud 10 x 24T Heavy-Duty Rip Blade.
#3 Best Miter Saw Blade For Laminate Flooring – Einhell 4311111 Miter Saw Blade
Einhell 4311111 Miter Saw has 48 teeth. It is a number that makes it particularly suitable for processes where precision is a priority and does not involve any deburring.
It has satisfied users who have tried with the first purchase. And comparing the results and the affordable investment, the users have expressed positive opinions on the blade.
They make the material of the blade with tungsten carbide with a hole diameter of 30mm. The price is average and well proportioned to the quality and the performance it guarantees.
- Ideal for precision work such as laminate flooring
- Affordable investment for excellent productivity
- Large diameter blade
- Low durability
The good seal, even after prolonged use, makes Einhell 4311111 Miter Saw an ideal product for occasional jobs and daily administration operations on different wood, including laminate flooring.
#4 Best Miter Saw Blade For Cutting 2×4 – Makita A-93681 Miter Saw Blade
- Micro-Grain Carbide Teeth are Honed...
- Fully Hardened and Expertly Hand...
- Ultra Thin Kerf .091", 5 Degree...
For the Makita A-93681 Miter Saw Blade, the durable carbide keeps the blade sharp. Computerized blade balancing reduces vibration for better accuracy and better finish. With the carbide blade and excellent material, it is very effective and fast for perfectly cutting any wood.
Installed on the angle grinder, the blade gets for the users excellent results. We believe a two-year warranty is more than enough for a decent miter saw blade. There are many premium options with a lifetime warranty, but we do not believe it is necessary. We recommend that you replace the miter saw blade with a new one after some time.
- Circular disc for high precision
- Large blade diameter for high productivity
- Vibration reduction and better accuracy
- In comparison with other options, it offers the least number of features.
The saw blade is ideal for cutting 2×4 wood, discs, laminated chipboard, MDF, multilayer hardwood, 115 and 125mm grinder.
#5 Best Miter Saw Blade For Hardwood – Freud D12100X Circular Saw Blade
- Iten Package Weight:1.157 Kilograms
- Product Type:Saw Blade
- Item Package Dimensions:1.016 Cm L...
Freud D12100X miter Saw Blade is 190mm in diameter for a cutting capacity ranging from 65 to 66mm. They designed it for cutting solid wood, panels, or even melamine. It is a multifunction blade that you can count on at all times. They make it out of carbide and are both versatile and robust.
With its 54 teeth, this material is suitable for hardwood work. It will hold well for intensive use, even professional. Besides, this component is compatible with all brands of miter saws available on the market that makes it even more attractive.
We are much more than familiar with the quality always offered by Freud, leaving its greatest faithful always satisfied. So, if you are wondering which brand of miter saw to go for, Freud will not disappoint you.
- Robust and high cutting capacity
- Up to 54 teeth with excellent power
- Excellent compatibility with other miter saws
- According to the opinions of some people who have been able to test this tool, the teeth are not balanced and this can cause accidents.
They have specially designed Freud D12100X Miter Saw Blade for cutting solid materials.
#6 Best Miter Saw Blade For Cutting Aluminum – Evolution Power Tools 10BLADEST Blade
- Max RPM 3000
- 52 Carbide Teeth, .078-Inch Kerf
- 1-Inch Arbor Size, -Note: Designed...
This model is available in two categories. They equip the first blade with 40 teeth and the second with 60 teeth. Then dedicate the first to a regular frequency of work.
As for the 60 teeth one, it is ideal for professional and intensive work such as cutting aluminum. Made of hardened steel and with beveled teeth, these two versions are both strong and resistant.
They can treat several types of materials such as light or solid wood or melamine. The cut will be precise and clean, even on laminate. It has performed many cutting jobs with precision.
- 40 teeth for occasional operations and 60 teeth for heavy use
- Premium quality and high precision
- Affordable price
- According to the observations of people who have been able to compare this blade with other brands, its quality leaves something to be desired because it heats up and fogs.
If you are looking for the best performing miter saw, then you will surely be interested in this model
#7 Best Miter Saw Blade For Cutting Vinyl Plank Flooring – CRAFTSMAN CMAS210CMB Miter Saw Blade
- DURABILITY: Induction-brazed...
- NO MORE WARPING: Heat-treated plate...
- ACCURATE CUTS: Precision ground...
With its diameter of 216mm, CRAFTSMAN CMAS210CMB Miter Saw Blade will cut materials up to 80mm thick. It will allow you to work more comfortably and safely. These blades are strong and are not likely to break in a few uses.
Thanks to its 40 drilling teeth, this component will accompany you during your daily achievements such as roughing, cutting, or only sample cutting for fast and efficient work. Despite its lightness of 120g, it easily offers clean and precise cuts.
- Robust and compact design
- High efficiency and thickness for flooring
- Easy maintenance and storage
- It is the only item in this classification that cannot be used on laminate flooring because this material shoots the plank.
Those who are still wondering where to buy the best miter saw blade for cutting vinyl plank flooring, you will be pleased with CRAFTSMAN CMAS210CMB Miter Saw Blade that displays great strength.
#8 Best Miter Saw Blade For Composite Decking – WEN BL1060 Miter Saw Blade
- Featuring a 10-inch diameter (254...
- Perfect for slicing through both...
- Ultra-thin 1/10-inch kerf (2.4 mm)...
WEN BL1060 Miter Saw Blade saws melamine without a problem. However, it encounters some difficulties on laminate. The cut quality is remarkable and of excellent quality. To ensure its durability, it will be necessary to maintain this jewel as often as possible. To do this, clean it after each use with degreasing and non-corrosive products.
To know which miter saw blade to choose, then nothing beats an unhurried study of its characteristics. This way you will avoid wasting money on a non-performing model. In your comparison, do not forget to include this model from WEN.
- Laser-cut for noise reduction
- Straight cuttings with no errors
- This blade vibrates intensely and causes traces of cuts that are not pleasant to see.
This product is the cheapest in its category. So, it has nothing to envy other brands in terms of performance and efficiency.
#9 Best Miter Saw Blade For MDF Trim – Toolman STH010 Miter Saw Blade
- Speed (max) ：7000 RPM
- Number of teeth： 180
- Arbor size ：5/8 in.
Toolman STH010 Miter Saw Blade offers precision ground carbide teeth and a polished surface for durability. It features the robust cut-off wheels from fallen walls. The high-quality blade ensures gap-free cutting edges under maximum load.
The saw blade is nail resistant and perfect for sawing wood, metal, aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, laminate, and baseboard. Users will get fine cutting results also for cross and longitudinal cuts and for making grooves.
- Fine cutting without smudging excellent results
- High-performance cut-off wheels
- Maximum blade life
- Not recommended for daily use
Toolman STH010 Miter Saw Blade is always a faithful aid in an emergency.
Features to Consider When Choosing The Best Miter Saw Blade
The carbide plates have a strength 50 times higher than an equivalent steel blade. It is therefore an ideal choice for hardwood or wood containing large quantities of glues that quickly smooth the edge of steel blades. They are very useful for agglomerates, MDF, and plywood. However, sharpening is more complicated.
Often, the blade is made of hardened steel and is equipped with a good deal of tungsten carbide teeth for a precise cut. It has a negative angle of attack to minimize the risk of projections.
They are inexpensive and easy to sharpen. And these blades tend to lose the edge. Far less common on miter saws, 600mm high-speed steel blades are often found on log saws for making firewood.
It is necessary to choose a blade whose diameter does not exceed the maximum diameter of the blades that can be mounted on your miter saw. Choosing a slightly smaller blade is not dangerous, you will have a smaller maximum depth of cut. If in doubt, read the instructions for your saw or check its dimensions on the already mounted blade.
Number Of Teeth
The diameter and the number of teeth of the blade will influence the work and also the material to be worked.
The depth of the cut will be closely related to the diameter of the blade and kerf. For a cutting depth of 3 inches, for example, it will be necessary to opt for a diameter of 8.25 inches.
For the job to be done well, the blade must be of outstanding quality and above all robust. Thus, a distinction is made between steel blades for cutting rough wood, carbide blades for solid wood, panels or even melamine, and diamond blades for cutting hard materials. The most affordable and efficient available on the market are steel and carbide blades. They allow a considerable cut quality.
A blade is a toothed metal disc with a hole in the center. It is through this hole that they fix the blade to the saw. You can choose a blade with a larger bore diameter than your saw that is mounted with an adapter ring and that the diameter of the bore is at least 5mm smaller than that of the flange that holds the blade on the tree.
You will also have to take into consideration the thickness of the material to be treated. As regards the blade teeth, it can be flat, hollow, trapezoidal, beveled, or even scoring according to the material considered.
How To Clean/ Maintain your Miter Saw Blade
The first step is to find a container large enough to hold the slide. A pie pan does the job perfectly. We will not advise you to use a cooking dish with industrial cleaners, but there is no health risk with the baking soda and vinegar.
Sprinkle the first layer of baking soda where the teeth of the blade will rest. Moisten the baking soda with water, preferably hot for faster action. Do not add too much water so that the baking soda becomes pasty.
Cover the teeth well. You can put your fingers in it as the baking soda is not harmful. Leave the baking soda to work for half an hour to a few hours. If the blade was not too dirty, an old toothbrush is sufficient to remove the deposits.
Spray dry lubricant on the side guides and handle and lever system that allows you to move the blade up and down. You can also use the product to lubricate any sliding mechanism on the side of the machine.
Saw Blade Types
Reciprocating saw blades
The reciprocating saw is a particular saw with a front blade. It is very robust and used to cut elements in hard-to-reach areas with a common jigsaw.
Circular saw blades
The circular saw is useful and efficient for accurately making long straight and miter cuts. For this reason, they equip many of these electric tools with a special guide for circular saw blades that make their use extremely easier and more precise.
Fine cut blades
This blade gives the fine cuts for chipboards, plywood, and metal
Course cut blades
This blade gives the fine cuts for boards, softwood, and metal
Very coarse cut blades
Same as the course cut blades, but this blade can handle hard materials
How to Change a Miter Saw Blade in 5 Steps
- Unplug the Saw
- Retract Blade Guard & Loosen the Screw
- Press Blade Locking Pin
- Turn the Bolt That Holds the Blade
- Mount the New Blade
How do I choose a miter saw blade?
Bench or portable? It is the first useful and necessary distinction. For those who focus on the first model, they must calculate the space and the surface well because a miter saw needs a particular work area on which to be placed. We also recommend it for series work and people with good practicality and dexterity.
The portable models have on their side an enviable handle and practicality. They can be powered by electricity or fitted with a rechargeable battery. Understanding the autonomy and the game, you can get with a good cable will make your life a lot easier. The second requirement to focus on are the materials such as steel and carbon are among the preferred alloys for making a miter saw blade.
With a cheap price, the steel blade gets excellent results, but the risk of damage is greater than the carbon type. It is more resistant and versatile even with stone cuts. Last, our advice is to focus on the simplicity of use and ease of replacement of the blades.
Are more teeth on a saw blade better?
A blade has teeth that cut. A blade with large spaced teeth allows you to cut wood along the grain. It involves cutting solid wood in the grain’s direction. The large spacing between the teeth allows for fast chip evacuation.
How many teeth should a miter saw blade have?
What you need to understand is that it is not so much the number of teeth that count. A 130mm blade that has 24 teeth has a pitch equivalent to a 260mm blade with 48 teeth. We always specify it for each blade whether it is a roughing, finishing, or universal blade.
When should I change my miter saw blade?
The replacement or re-sharpening of the blade must take place whenever the cutting operation shows excessive overheating, production of smoke and chips, and an increase in the cutting time.
The miter saw is indispensable for various carpentry jobs and small construction works. It is used to cut panels or shape wood. You can cut notches and rebates with wooden boards to be assembled. The designers of this power tool address it to carpentry professionals, but also DIY enthusiasts.
Bosch DCB1040 Daredevil Saw Blade is our best miter saw blade thanks to its high efficiency, premium blade teeth, and excellent precision. Evolution Power Tools 10BLADEST Blade is also an ideal choice for an affordable investment.
Bonus: Miter Saw Tips & Tricks
Latest Miter Saw Blade Bestsellers on Amazon
- ACCURATE CUTS: DEWALT DW3128P5...
- TUNGSTEN CARBIDE: Tougher tungsten...
- THIN KERF: Thin kerf for fast and...
- Tougher tungsten carbide stays...
- Thin kerf for fast and smooth...
- Computer-balanced plate reduces...
- Micro-Grain Carbide Teeth are Honed...
- Fully Hardened and Expertly Hand...
- Ultra Thin Kerf .091", 5 Degree...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-07-30 via Amazon Product Advertising API.