This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
While it can be used as a weapon, the EDC knife is more practical for breaking down shipping materials and boxes, cutting food, opening mail, cutting plant material, and handling many common chores.
The EDC knife is easy to stow in your jacket or pants pocket and performs impressively. Few of us search for a designated EDC knife. Modern man is rarely stuck to a certain task or terrain. And most of them do not want to be burdened with bulky supplies.
Ideal for the office and the great outdoors, we offer nine choices for the best EDC fixed blade knife. Let’s have a look!
- Top 9 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife
- #1 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife Overall: KA-BAR Becker BK2 Knife
- #2 Best Small EDC Fixed Blade Knife: Spyderco Street Beat Fixed Blade Knife
- #3 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife For Hunting: Boker Arbolito 02BA736H Nicker Fixed Blade Knife
- #4 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife For Fishing: Boker Arbolito Buffalo Knife
- #5 Best Large EDC Fixed Blade Knife: ABKT Tac AB004T Predator Fixed Blade
- #6 Best Tactical EDC Fixed Blade Knife: Spyderco Ronin 2 Fixed Blade Knife
- #7 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife For Self-Defense: Tac Force Evolution TFE-FIX012-BK Fixed Blade Knife
- #8 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife For Survival: Kershaw Camp 10 (1077) Fixed Blade Camp Knife
- #9 Best Budget EDC Fixed Blade Knife: Schrade SCHF57 Fixed Blade Knife
- Features to Consider When Choosing an EDC Fixed Blade Knife
- Final Words
- Bonus: Quick Look at Kabar Becker BK2 Survival Knife
- Latest EDC Fixed Blade Bestsellers on Amazon
Top 9 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife
#1 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife Overall: KA-BAR Becker BK2 Knife
- Full tang heavy duty field knife...
- Made in Olean New York, U.S.A
- Designed by Ethan Becker
Fixed EDC knives with a nylon sheath are popular with knife enthusiasts. Many people believe that the KA-BAR Becker BK2 Knife is the best EDC fixed blade knife for the money.
KA-BAR Becker BK2 blade opens easily with one hand and the glass-filled nylon sheath. The product combines sheath and durability perfectly. With a non-slip handle that provides a sturdy grip and a comfortable finger groove, this knife resists scraping, inducing, or piercing hard materials. It keeps the edge and resists corrosion, making it ideal for extreme conditions.
- High-quality stainless steel blade
- This knife is available for a little over $100
- Comfortable to hold and versatile to use
Being the best EDC fixed blade knife, KA-BAR Becker BK2 blade can be opened and closed with one hand while the reversible pocket clip facilitates accessibility.
#2 Best Small EDC Fixed Blade Knife: Spyderco Street Beat Fixed Blade Knife
- RELIABLE HIGH PERFORMANCE -...
- ONE OF A KIND - It is exceptionally...
- SUPERIOR BLADE STEEL - The Street...
Spyderco Street Beat Knife is of excellent quality for its price. They make the blade of stainless steel and are very sharp despite its width. For most applications, Spyderco Knife cuts a fine figure. Besides, it is possible to adjust the opening of the blade. They design the stainless steel handle to be very stiff despite its negligible weight while still holding well in hand.
With a durable and attractive design, this rust-resistant stainless steel knife has a glass-filled nylon handle strong enough for tough jobs or daily carrying. Its finger lock into an oversized choil is fully ambidextrous and thanks to its smaller and lighter design. The knife is comfortable to hold and take anywhere. The drop-point blade utility-style makes it ideal for tactical or outdoor activities.
- Superior quality with chromium steel
- Lightweight and compact design
- Easy to hold and lock with FRN (fiberglass-reinforced-nylon) handle
- Annoying finger flicking
For a relatively low price, you get beautiful details such as the large thumb hole in the blade or the pocket clip that can be used on both sides.
#3 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife For Hunting: Boker Arbolito 02BA736H Nicker Fixed Blade Knife
- Traditional German hunting knife
- Blade steel used is T6MoV for this...
- Includes a high quality embossed...
The Boker Arbolito 02BA736H Fixed Blade Knife should not be missing in any overview of the best fixed blade hunting knife. Let’s start with the magnificent classic design with the leather sheath. Its fiber underlays and premium material distinguish the Arbolito 02BA736H line.
It makes the product not only flexible but also extremely sharp in all life situations. The knife features the blade material of T6MoV steel. It is a perfect fixed EDC knife for hunting with an overall length of 7.8 inches and a blade length of 3.4 inches.
Designed for everyday carry and general use, this steel blade offers great edge hold, strength, durability, and cutting ability thanks to its secure and secure grip in reinforced nylon. The thumb hole in the blade allows for one-handed sliding opening. And the reversible, removable carrying clip makes it easy to place the blade on your belt or bag.
- The compact and slender design
- Durable handle scales for tight holding
- T6MoV steel material for high durability
- The handle is too long and not pocket-friendly
Arbolito 02BA736H may not be an EDC, especially because of its weight of 8 ounces, but it is the best-fixed blade hunting knife for everyone.
#4 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife For Fishing: Boker Arbolito Buffalo Knife
- Blade Material: N695 Stainless...
- Handle Material: Black Canvas...
- Knife Length: 9 1/4 Inches(overall)
The Boker Arbolito Buffalo is a new knife from the Boker family and the first in cooperation with knife designer Jens Ansø. The design is reminiscent of Schrade’s SCH15, with a less martial edge to enhance the fishing experience.
This two-handed knife is equipped with a massive frame lock, including the profiled shell in G10 and the massive plate in titanium. It is an impressive combination that keeps weight down without compromising skid resistance.
- N695 steel for high durability
- Massive frame lock for safety
- Lightweight and high efficiency
- The knife is easy to blunt
Boker Arbolito Buffalo Knife is 440C steel for everyday applications and includes a Premium Boker Cordura sheath for easy fishing.
#5 Best Large EDC Fixed Blade Knife: ABKT Tac AB004T Predator Fixed Blade
- Country of origin: China
- package dimensions :3.048 cm L x...
- Product type :KNIFE
If you want to spend money on a premium knife, we recommend the ABKT Tac AB004T. It is one of the best large-size knives and can easily be taken anywhere. Tan G-10 stainless steel blade is 7.5-inch long, ends with an inverted tip, and weighs only approximately 4.8 ounces. So, it is the perfect size for a fixed blade knife.
It has an excellent handle material (Tan G-10) and a good grip. The anodized aluminum handle also withstands the most extreme situations without sustaining damage. The knife’s grip is also superb, as it is almost like a natural extension of the hand.
- Utility functions combine with unmatched features
- Ultra durability with G10 handle
- Axis lock for high protection
- Quite expensive
The reverse blade style gives ABKT Tac AB004T EDC Blade Knife great versatility for everyday applications and other general uses.
#6 Best Tactical EDC Fixed Blade Knife: Spyderco Ronin 2 Fixed Blade Knife
- RELIABLE HIGH PERFORMANCE -...
- ERGONOMIC - To ensure maximum...
- SUPERIOR BLADE STEEL - The blade of...
There is another Spyderco fixed blade knife in this article. The Spyderco Ronin 2 Knife is more robust and larger than the Para 3 model. Overall, the manufacturer states persistence is synonymous with resistance.
With a total length of 7.84 inches and a blade length of 4.08 inches, users are delighted with the maneuverability and lightness. The Spyderco Ronin 2 weighs just 3.84 ounces. It is partly because of the typical handle of the G10 Spyderco.
- Lightweight and durable
- Ultimate performance for tactical use
- Low friction and enhancing lock
- There are many counterfeit products on the market
With a simple sharp edge, this EDC fixed knife has a titanium handle that can withstand many years of use.
#7 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife For Self-Defense: Tac Force Evolution TFE-FIX012-BK Fixed Blade Knife
- High quality materials: 8CR13...
- TACTICAL EVOLVED: Manufactured with...
- DEPENDABLE: Consistent razor sharp...
The design already shows that Tac-Force knows how to combine form and function in a fixed blade knife. Tac-Force TFE-FIX012-BK Knife features an elegant, extremely robust, and stable casing.
The knife has an innovative tactical design that combines a titanium spring and a stainless steel grid. It secures this lock with three screws to ensure a secure lock. It also features a wonderful blade is an 8CR13 steel with a thickness of 3.7mm, a weight of 1.6 ounces for stability. And a grip that meets all desires for self-defense.
- One-hand feature for a strong handle with liner lock
- Premium materials prevent wear and tear
- It comes with a pocket clip
- The color is too shiny
You can use Tac-Force TFE-FIX012-BK Knife to build an outdoor shelter, small match hide after hunting, or even for self-defense.
#8 Best EDC Fixed Blade Knife For Survival: Kershaw Camp 10 (1077) Fixed Blade Camp Knife
- 10” blade made of 65Mn carbon...
- Designed for hard use applications...
- Full tang handle wrapped in a...
Kershaw 1077 Knife is the best fixed blade survival knife with excellent reviews. The famous couturier, Ken Onion, designed this knife in the Kershaw-Leek series. It is an outstanding knife for survival. The patented Speedsafe opening mechanism makes it easy to open the knife with one hand.
It makes the blade of 65Mn carbon steel that is extremely sharp and holds a very long time. The tip of the blade is more fragile than that of similar knives. It is why we do not recommend it for tough jobs. This light and compact knife is available with a smooth blade.
- Excellent versatility and efficiency
- Durable stainless steel alloy frame
- Speedsafe opening mechanism for easy use
- The tip is fragile
For just under $100, you can get one of the best knives from a renowned designer.
#9 Best Budget EDC Fixed Blade Knife: Schrade SCHF57 Fixed Blade Knife
- DIMENSIONS: 6.3 inch (15.9 cm)...
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable...
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access...
Schrade is one of the many popular manufacturers, and the SCHF57 knife is a good quality knife for everyday use. Its sharp 65Mn carbon steel blade is very durable. The spring-loaded support ensures a quick and easy opening of the blade, and the handle provides a good hold. The knife is additionally equipped with a quick access device that reliably prevents accidental removal from the sheath.
The Schrade SCHF57 Knife produces a solid all-rounder with sharp edges. Even though this knife cannot compete with some more expensive knives, you will get a superb tool for camping and hiking.
- Slim and compact design
- Durable stainless steel material
- Solid all-rounder with sharp edges
- Low durability
Schrade SCHF57 Knife is the perfect gift for lovers of classic knives or elegant people. The price is extremely cheap for a limited budget.
Features to Consider When Choosing an EDC Fixed Blade Knife
In principle, there are three sizes of EDC knives. Small knives less than 6.5cm are perfect to accompany us during the day. With these smaller knives, you can do all the odd jobs at home and in the garden, and they are barely visible.
In contrast, medium sized knives of up to 9.5cm can already make a difference and are among the most popular on the market. But if you want to work with wood on a large scale, take the large EDC knives of over 9.5cm.
For the shape, there are many variations. To have a short and nice blade, we recommend a drop point or pointed clip blade with a tight flat point and medium blade width to have a versatile EDC fixed knife.
It quickly reveals the size in terms of weight and handling. So, keep in mind that you might not want to drag an oversized knife with you every day.
Another aspect in this context is the nature of the knife. For example, the wavy point or the martial point is relatively impractical and not suitable for conventional cutting jobs. There is a multitude of classic knife shapes and types of knives. Especially for outdoor use, they are much more sensible.
Even if it may seem obvious, the EDC knife must be comfortable to handle and preferably ergonomically shaped to use it quickly. There are many materials for the handle, and this stands out for its strength and slips resistance.
The handle must be non-slip. For example, if the climate is rather humid or you want to use the knife for hunting, we do not recommend using smooth wooden handles.
What is the best tactical fixed blade knife?
Tac-Force TFE-FIX012-BK Knife offers non-slip tactile traction, and the double skeletonizer stainless steel liners reinforce the knife without adding more weight. The blade is fully ground with a thinner but highly refined groundbreaking for efficient use tasks.
Spyderco is another proven knife maker highly regarded by many users for its reliability and exceptional knife shapes. The knives have a very recognizable design, and they are very ergonomic. Spyderco Street Beat Knife is trusted by Navy SEALs, as they design it with an ergonomic handle for easier handling and cutting. They make this compact knife from stainless steel for long life and strength.
Can you conceal carry a fixed blade knife?
The law prohibits carrying a knife in public because it considers it to be a category D knife. It does not matter if there is a locking system or if it is a small blade.
Are fixed blade knives legal in California?
The gun law is a thorn in the side for many friends of knives. But to escape a sanction, we must respect it. They prohibit some knives; others are not prohibited. You should not expose a knife in the middle of the street.
As explained in the previous section, in California, the penalties for non-compliance with the law on weapons are not minimal. It is enough to check the legality of the knives before buying them.
Choosing a knife to integrate into an EDC depends on individual needs, capabilities, regulations, and tastes. Otherwise, people want to find an ideal balance between color, design, and necessity. The blade’s length is one of the most critical criteria, as the knife should be neither too large nor too heavy. Our updated list offers nine choices of the best EDC fixed blade knife.
KA-BAR Becker BK2 knife is our best choice. KA-BAR is famous for making top-level EDC knives. The premium-quality blade is ideal for delicate work, and the three-inch stainless steel blade offers quality edge hold and resistance from gradual wear. And Schrade SCHF57 Knife is another great choice for a limited budget.
Bonus: Quick Look at Kabar Becker BK2 Survival Knife
Latest EDC Fixed Blade Bestsellers on Amazon
- Powder Steel Blade: The ATZ-1842...
- Widely Used: Excellent as an EDC,...
- Safe & Portable: The survival knife...
- SMALL KNIFE WITH SHEATH: The SOG...
- LIGHTWEIGHT EDC KNIFE: 2.3 oz. Slim...
- FULL TANG FIXED BLADE KNIFE:...
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon...
- Minimizes Reflectivity: Bead blast...
- Exceptional Grip: G10 handle...
Affiliated links and Images on this post was last updated on 2021-07-30 via Amazon Product Advertising API.