This article may contain affiliate links. For details, visit our Affiliate Disclosure page.
- Why Bathroom Lighting Is Worth Your Time
- Bathroom Lighting Ideas for Different Zones
- Things to Consider When Putting a Lamp in the Bathroom
- Tips on How to Light Your Bathroom
- 5 Most Popular Lighting Units for Your Bathroom and More
- Final words – Bathroom Lighting Made Simple!
Why Bathroom Lighting Is Worth Your TimeBathroom lights are also the key to creating an efficient, inviting and spacious area. You want the room to be sufficiently lit so you can get ready with ease, but you also want the ability to soften the bathroom lighting when you want a relaxing bath. The bathroom is also a small space, so it is important to make it appear larger. Many people also want the option of heating in winter and a fan to reduce moisture. All of this means that the lighting in your bathroom is one of the most important components of its design.
Bathroom Lighting Ideas for Different Zones
1. Ideal IlluminationIn the bathroom, the lighting must be general, functional and also natural if you have a window. This will give you complete and flexible lighting to perform all activities. It is recommended to use cold light bulbs.
2. Illuminates the GeneralGeneral lighting can be provided with spotlights embedded in the sky or with a ceiling in the center. If you choose to use recessed spotlights, which are at least 3 distributed and placed on the head of someone who is standing in front of the mirror, this way shadows are avoided. For the use, we give the bathroom is very important to use a light bulb that has a technology of rapid ignition, such as LEDs or halogen and resists constancy of off and on.
3. Illuminates a Functional ZoneThe functional light is the light to support activities in front of the mirror. This light must be punctual and hopefully with spotlights that can be directed. The spotlights should be placed on the side of the mirror and in front of the person who is standing in order to reduce shadows.
4. Illuminates the Interior of FurnitureA detail that can help you is to illuminate the interior of the vanities with LED lights, even serve the one-touch flashlights that work with batteries, as they have adhesive that can be glued on the sides of the furniture to be at hand. It is a flashlight that has 9 LEDs, so it delivers very good lighting. To turn it on you only have to give a touch, it works with 3 AA batteries which allow 15 hours of approximate light.
Things to Consider When Putting a Lamp in the BathroomThe lamps must be located in the least humid area of the bathroom. This means outside the shower or bathtub, but in any case, they will receive steam and humidity that can damage their operation, so it is necessary to look at the IP factor that delivers the information of the protection index that has the lighting equipment. For the bathroom or kitchen, you need at least 21 IP. The lamps with the highest IP rating are the integrated LEDs, i.e. those that bring the built-in light without the need for an E27 or GU10 bulb socket, as these are integrated equipment that can establish its resistance to these environments.
Tips on How to Light Your BathroomHere are some small but important tips you should consider when lighting your bathroom:
- Install lights at eye level on both sides of the mirror
- Avoid direct light to your head
- Put recessed lights above pieces of art or bouquets of flowers
- Add a dimmer to lights
- Put each light source on different witches
- Go for LEDs for energy-efficiency, modern design, and durability
- Make sure you check the IP rating for bathroom lights